Syllabus National Defence Academy (NDA) 2017-18, NDA Previous Year Question Papers, NDA test syllabus, NDA model paper, syllabus for NDA exam, NDA entrance exam, NDA form, NDA syllabus in hindi, NDA paper pattern, NDA sample paper, NDA entrance exam syllabus, syllabus for nda, nda paper, nda syllabus 2017, nda exam pattern, syllabus of NDA, NDA, upsc nda, nda syllabus
Syllabus National Defence Academy (NDA) 2017-18
Syllabus National Defence Academy 2017-18:- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts National Defence Academy(NDA) exam every year twice time in April and September month. The application form filled in January and July. The exam is very important for jobs seeker in UPSC Defence. The NDA 1 Application Form 2017 had closed on 10th February 2017. The NDA 1 Exam is going to conduct on 23rd April 2017 at various examination center across the country. Here we are going to update the UPSC NDA Exam Scheme and Syllabus 2017, online applied candidates can download the Syllabus National Defence Academy and good prepare for the exam. For more details, they can visit here mentioned link or UPSC official site that is www.upsc.gov.in.
UPSC NDA Exam Syllabus 2017
Syllabus National Defence Academy (NDA) 2017-18:- Latest updated NDA Syllabus is available here!!! Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct the National Defence Academy and naval Academy examination with the purpose to recruit most eligible candidates in Army, Navy and Air Force. Those who have ambition to enhance their career in defence sector have to qualify the exam. For this, one must need for UPSC Syllabus National Defence Academy and NDA/NA (I/II) exam Pattern PDF to know about the topics prepare in Maths, English and Geography. Applicants must check NDA Syllabus 2017 through below structured page.
Download NDA Exam Syllabus 2017, NDA 2017 Exam Syllabus
Syllabus National Defence Academy (NDA) 2017-18:- The NDA Syllabus released by the Union Public Service Commission is for the 137th NDA Course and 99th Indian Naval Academy Course. There are in total 375 vacancies of Defence and Naval Academy posts to be filled for the UPSC NDA & NA (I) exam. Candidates who have applied for these posts before the last date can check the UPSC NDA NA I Syllabus and NDA Exam Pattern available here. Candidates can start their preparation by downloading the Syllabus National Defence Academy in the pdf format available on recruitment.guru site. Aspirants who have applied for this NDA Exam will be waiting for the updates of NDA Syllabus, UPSC NA Exam Pattern, and Admit cards. Here we are having some updates regarding UPSC NDA/ NA 1 Syllabus and Exam Pattern. – www.upsc.gov.in
NDA SYLLABUS 2017-18 TOPIC WISE
Now we are talking about Syllabus of nda exam topic wise. what is the syllabus of nda? here is two main subjects Maths and General Ability. Through national defence academy entrance exam examiner test your basic skills, your general knowledge, your mathematics calculation and accuracy with speed so if you do not prepare according to that you will not get success easily. check important topics of NDA written syllabus below.
Syllabus National Defence Academy (NDA) 2017-18:- The NDA syllabus for Mathematics, General Ability Test is given here. If a candidate is serious and wants to clear the upcoming NDA Exam (II) 2017 exam, He or she needs to study the COMPLETE SYLLABUS OF NDA EXAM. So before you appear for the test, it is a must thakyou should know the NDA exam syllabus, only then you can plan your preparation for this. The Chapter wise Syllabus for NDA / NA Examination – Mathematics and General Eligibility Test is detailed below
NDA Syllabus Maths
NDA Algebra syllabus topics
- Concept of a set
- operations on sets
- modulus argument
- equivalence relation
- Cartesian product relation
- modulus argument
- Cube roots of unity
- Binary system of numbers
- Permutation and Combination
- Venn diagrams. De Morgan laws
- Complex numbers – basic properties
- Binomial theorem and its application
- Logarithms and their applications.
- Geometric and Harmonic progressions
- Quadratic equations with real coefficients
- Representation of real numbers on a line
- Solution of linear in equations of two variables by graphs
- Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa.
NDA Trigonometry Syllabus topics
- Properties of triangles.
- Trigonometrical ratios
- Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formula
- Multiple and Sub-multiple angles
- Inverse trigonometric functions
- Applications – Height and distance
- Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians
NDA Matrices and Determinants Syllabus topics
- Types of matrices
- Determinant of a matrix
- Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix
- Operations on matrices
- Basic properties of determinants
- Applications – Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
NDA Differential Calculus Syllabus topics
- Composite functions
- Derivatives of sum
- Concept of a real valued function – domain
- range and graph of a function
- Second order derivatives
- Derivative of function at a point
- Product and quotient of functions
- Derivative of a composite function
- Increasing and decreasing functions
- Derivative of a function with respect to another function
- Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima.
Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions topics
- Distance formula
- Ellipse and hyperbola
- Angle between two lines
- Distance of a point from a line
- Standard forms of parabola
- Equation of a line in various forms
- Eccentricity and axis of a conic
- Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system
- Equation of a circle in standard and in general form
Integral Calculus and Differential Equations topics
- Integration as inverse of differentiation
- Integration by substitution and by parts
- Exponential and hyperbolic functions
- Standard integrals involving algebraic expressions
- General and particular solution of a differential equation
NDA Vector Algebra Syllabus topics
- Vectors in two and three dimensions
- Scalar multiplication of vector
- Magnitude and direction of a vector
- Unit and null vectors addition of vectors
NDA Statistics and Probability Syllabus topics
- Pie Chart
- Frequency distribution
- Statistics: Classification of data
- Frequency Polygon – examples
- Graphical representation – Histogram
- Correlation and regression
- Measures of Central tendency – Mean Median and Mode
- Cumulative frequency distribution – examples
- Variance and standard deviation – determination and comparison
- Random experiment
- Binomial distribution
- Conditional probability
- Outcomes and associated sample space
- Impossible and certain events
- Union and Intersection of events
- elementary and composite events
- Bayes’ theorem – simple problems
- Random variable as function on a sample space
- Mutually exclusive and exhaustive events
- Examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
National Defence Academy General Ability Exam Syllabus
English: The English syllabus covers the topics like vocabulary, Grammar and usage, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
General Knowledge: The question paper comprises of general knowledge and covers the subjects that include Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events.
Section A – Physics
Motion of objects, Velocity and Acceleration, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy, Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments, Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet, Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightening Conductors, Safety Fuses, Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume, Density and Specific Gravity, Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer, Effects of Heat, Measurement of temperature and heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat, Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection and refraction. Spherical mirrors and Lenses. Human Eye, Static and Current Electricity, conductors and Non-conductors, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current, Measurement of Electrical Power, Primary and Secondary Cells, Use of X-Rays.
Section B – Chemistry
Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbon-Di-oxide, Oxidation and Reduction, Carbon – different forms, Material used in the preparation of substances like soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches, and Gun-Powder, Physical and Chemical changes. Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulas and simple Chemical Equations, Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems). Properties of Air and Water, Acids, bases and salts, Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial, Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom, Atomic, Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency.
Section C – General Science
Basis of Life – Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues, Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs, Food – Source of Energy for man, Constituents of food, Balanced Diet, Achievements of Eminent Scientists, Difference between the living and non-living, Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals, Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention, The Solar System – Meteors and Comets, Eclipses.
Section D – History
Freedom Movement in India, Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India, Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi, A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation, Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration, Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development, Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration and Discovery; War of American Independence. French Revolution, Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution. Impact of Science and Technology on Society. Concept of one World, United Nations, Panchsheel, Democracy. Socialism and Communism. Role of India in the present world.
Section E – Geography
Origin of Earth, Rocks and their classification; Weathering – Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and volcanoes, Atmosphere and its composition; Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, cyclones and Anti-cyclones; Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation; Types of Climate. Major Natural regions of the World, Important Sea ports and main sea, land and air routes of India. Main items of Imports and Exports of India, The Earth, its shape and size. Lattitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time, International Date Line, Movements of Earth and their effects, Ocean Currents and Tides, Regional Geography of India – Climate, Natural vegetation. Mineral and Power resources; location and distribution of agricultural and industrial activities.
Section F – Current Events
Current important world events, Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years, prominent personalities – both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
National Defence Academy Exam Pattern
- Sections: NDA entrance examination will be in two subsequent sections; (a) written test and intelligence & (b) personality test.
- Type of Questions:The question paper of written test will contain objective type questions and sectioned in code 1 & 2.
- Marks for Code 1:Code 1 will comprise of Mathematics questions of 300 marks & code 2 will comprise of general ability questions of 600 marks.
- Marks for Code 2:Code 2 will be divided in 2 sections that is A & B. Section A will cover Math of 200 marks while section B will cover general knowledge of 400 marks.
- Language:The language paper will be of both English & Hindi.
- Answering Method: Each question will have four optional answer candidates have to mark on the right one only.
- Negative Marking:There will be negative marking for incorrect answer.
- Instruction: Candidates use only black ball pen to mark answers.
- Subjects:The NDA exam paper will be consisted of two parts i.e. Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- Mode of Exam:The paper will be through offline mode.
NDA Previous Year Question Papers and Solution
- NDA 2014- I General Ability Test Question Paper
- NDA 2014- I General Ability Test Answer Key
- NDA 2014- I Math Test Question Paper
- NDA 2014- I Math Test Answer Key
- NDA 2014- I Cut off
- NDA 2014- II General Ability Test Question Paper
- NDA 2014- II General Ability Test Answer Key
- NDA 2014- II Math Test Question Paper
- NDA 2014- II Math Test Answer Key
- NDA 2014- II Cut off
- NDA 2015- I General Ability Test Question Paper
- NDA 2015- I General Ability Test Answer Key
- NDA 2015- I Math Test Question Paper
- NDA 2015- I Math Test Answer Key
- NDA 2015- I Cut off
- NDA 2015- II General Ability Test Question Paper
- NDA 2015- II General Ability Test Answer Key
- NDA 2015- II Math Test Question Paper
- NDA 2015- II Math Test Answer Key
- NDA 2015- II Cut off
- NDA 2016- I General Ability Test Question Paper
- NDA 2016- I General Ability Test Answer Key
- NDA 2016- I Math Test Question Paper
- NDA 2016- I Math Test Answer Key
- NDA 2016- I Cut off
- NDA 2016- II General Ability Test Question Paper
- NDA 2016- II Math Test Question Paper
- NDA 2017- I General Ability Test Question Paper
- NDA 2017- I Math Test Question Paper
Exam Pattern, Previous Year Papers Syllabus National Defence Academy Download upsc.gov.in